Sunday, July 31, 2011

Silent Retreat

A 4-day silent retreat is truly being with the presence of the Lord. A moment of solitude and experience the grace of God. From the time i wake up to the moment of having a breakfast, lunch and dinner with bonus snacks is being with the Lord. God is not just watching us but He is like us that need to have a dialogue, a conversation that lead to great and wonderful relationship. An experience that i can say i am not alone because God is with me.

Indeed there are so many things to say about these retreat. We start early, chatting with each other, eat together and getting along with other retreatants. Its good to see common faces in the community that makes me feel am home.

What follows is an orientation and expectation from us retreatant that all we need to do for 4 days is to Eat, Sleep and be in Silnce. The only time we have to talk is our time for our spiritual director wwwhhhhaaa

I was welcomed by the Lord with this verse "Come with me by yourselves to a quite place and get some rest" alone in my room I feel like God embraced me with his arm that like a child am lying down with him, thankful that He is just right there, watching me until i fall asleep in his arm.

It was timely for me, going through a time of major transitio in life.




In Prayer Exercise 2, God shows me that where i am right now is His dwelling place where i abudantly enjoy his love and grace. The people am working, my new boss, new learning through the training i had and the generosity of Ms. Elvi being in the same company. She was like my 2nd mom and a friend to me. In Psalm 27 i was being reminded that the Lord is my light and my salvation and there is nothing to be afraid of. The Lord will continue to lead my path and will guide me all the way. Am truly blessed that God had love me more than i love him. 
 
It was me 2nd day and before my prayer time i was thinking where i can be comfortable talking to God so i walk out the building and find a convenient place. While i was walking am starting to talk to God where He want me to stay but i cant find a place so i just come back and see myself going to the adoration chapel.

It is very comforting in the adoration chapel and I notice that the scripture am reading was all a revelation of God's love and affirmation that He will always be there for me.


Finally had one on one with my spiritual director and i was amazed with the way she started praying. These questions had brought me to have a deep and intimate knowledge of knowing God.

1) Who is God with you?
2) Characteristics of God? Identify
3) What God is telling you when He said WAIT?
4) What is the desire of your heart?
 A realization that God is inviting me to have a more and deeper relationship with the Lord.


I was sitting on the bench staring to nature, when these words came to me "While you were waiting my child may you enjoy the new life i have given to you, cherish the moment with your family, friends, the community and the work i have given you"

Do not be afraid my child, just be yourself and embrace the love i have given you. Just be with me my child.




A parting verse that our spiritual director had pray for us.

Ephesians 1:17-19

I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know him better. I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in his holy people, and his incomparably great power for us who believe. That power is the same as the mighty strength


In truth, four days is really not enough where in the beginning i thought i cant stay long in silent. I went home with the presence of the Lord and knowing his plans for my future.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment