Sunday, October 30, 2011

In the beginning it was not so

These is my favourite phrase i got from the Theology of the Body course, where in it was already stated in the bible but during these course it made a lot of impact and meaning into my life. It was an 8 session every Wednesday with Fr. Joel Jason as our resource speaker.

I was once heard him during our ICON in Camsur, the way he talk and explain every word awaken my senses and completely listen to him.

TOB: Session 1
In the beginning am actually hesitant in attending to this course as am not sure if i can faithfully attend or finish the course, anyway they only need one representative for each chapter but nevertheless the first session transpired me to go on and see what’s in store for me.

There has been many things i truly appreciate with this course which gave me determination to finish it. I was able to compile all my favourite line from Fr. Joel, as:

• Love is the only adequate response to the greatness of the person. Fr. Joel had explained that we have to give our self as a gift to the other person. (08172011)

TOB: Session 3
• When love reaches the person, it is forever (08312011)
• Man does not create the truth, he merely discover it! (08312011)
• God, who alone is good, knows perfectly what is good for man (08312011)
• No greater love a man can give than to lay down himself to other (09072011)
• Losing always leads to finding at a higher level (09142011)
• In youth we learn, in age we understand (09142011)
• To the pure everything is pure, to the impure nothing is pure (09142011)
• Christ love is free, total, faithful and fruitful (09142011)
• We not only look for the right person, we wait to become the right person (09212011)
• We gives in a receiving way and received in a giving way in which we are to initiate giving and receiving love to others as an attitude. (09282011)

TOB: Session 4
What catches my attention is in session 4 where Fr. Joel talk about the story of Sarah where i deeply feel the misfortune and sadness of Sarah’s heart when all of his 7 husband died and here comes Tobit who shows how he truly love Sarah that both of them began praying while they were in one flesh. – Tobit 3:7-8

It was also a reminder for me when Fr. Joel mentioned the verse from Song of Solomon “You have captivated my heart, my sister, my bride; you have captivated my heart with one glance of your eyes...” wwhhhaaa so teary, i may not a have special someone right now but i feel like i have a boyfriend in the presence of God.

Truly, free love, true love comes from God and no one else. I may not clearly explain what i felt and what transformed me during this course but it will leave forever in my heart. Thank you Fr. Joel :)

Bonus point, about 12 from our chapter were able to attend and finish the course.

No comments:

Post a Comment