Sunday, October 30, 2011

I didnt know how to teach until i met you

I can't believe that it has been so long since I have posted! There have been a lot of life changes for me, but I think I am back and organized.

Cornerstone Program Orientation Day
Looking back, when i was still in grade school i wanted to be a teacher that is because my mother is a teacher. i dont know what happen in the past when suddenly i dont like it anymore. Well, now, i still don’t want to be a teacher but somehow God had lead me to experience to become a teacher by serving as a volunteer tutor in one of the program in SFC wherein every Saturday we tutor kids ages 8-11 years old at Dona Juana Elementary School. I have found the joy and happiness in the work where I can (hopefully) inspire, motivate and support the learning of the kids.


Teachers from different Schools
What amused me more is when we moderate/facilitate a group of teachers during their workshop held last October 22, 2011 at the Ateneo de Manila Grade School. In the beginning, a lot of things are going on in my head, first is fear knowing that they are older than me and they have a lot of experience as a teacher. But with God’s grace, walking into a classroom full of teachers felt like i am a full pledged teacher as well and eventually feel comfortable getting to know each one and welcoming all the teachers. There are times when i have to look for the facilitator guidelines and see if am on track specially on the time heheheh because we are a bit late.
SFC Volunteers

Lastly, one of the most fascinating aspects i have learned with all their sharing is that they have Love their calling with Passion and it becomes the meaning of their life. What strike me more is the video of Miss Thompson with his student Teddy quoted as "You were the one who taught me that i could make a difference, I didnt know how to teach until i met you" It was a very inspiring story :)







No comments:

Post a Comment