Monday, January 10, 2011

Feast of the Black Nazarene

It was my 2nd time to go to Quiapo to celebrate the feast of the Black Nazarene, this time i wanted to document this important event using the dslr of my brother but then knowing the place is not secured my brother didnt allow me to bring it. Of course this does not stop me not to go to Quiapo even if its raining and the news says its crowded, my mind and my heart is ready to pray and give thanks to Jesus for all his blessings to me and my family.
I took this picture while i was walking towards the side entrance of the church.

My first stop is the "Pahalik" and Praised God only a few people are in the line. Yahoo

Am so amazed that even if its raining, there are a lot of store vendor at the side selling the maroon Tshirt where the black nazarene is printed, the black cross and the handkerchief to wipe the barefoot of the black nazarene.



Now its crowded and the problem is how can i go
 inside the church? its not moving and we have to stop because the mass just ended and all of the devotees are going out but then after a few minutes finally i was able to get inside the church.

God is good i was able to surmount the crowd and the bonus is i was able to sit in front. hhhmmm i came in on the 2nd reading already so i decided to have a 2nd round of the mass.
 
The theme of the Feast of the Black Nazarene is “Yapak ng Poong Nazareno, Yakap ng Sambayanan sa Pagbabagong Buhay.”

Gods Message:
Christ is one with us, He knows our suffering, pains and problems. Jesus walks barefoot while carrying the cross as a sign of his love to us, a manifestation of salvation.

The feast of the black nazarene gives hope, passion, love, renewing our faith with Jesus and a new beginning for us to change, for us to also walk barefoot . We have to show respect and be humble like Jesus did.

"Be like Christ. Wherever and whenever we are, Christ is always listening to our prayers"



After the mass, it was a tradition to give a blessing while singing the song Nuestro Padre Jesus Nazareno. The devotees are waving white face towels and handkerchiefs in rapid circular motions, "what a spectacular scene" of course am not exempted i also waived my handkerchief claiming Jesus will and blessings for me. A scene that i feel Gods presence through his Holy Spirit.

It was once again a different experience to witness the passion of Christ and the growing numbers of believers which only means people's faith are also growing. 

"My faith with Christ is growing"



No comments:

Post a Comment